~ 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
~ 2 cups raw sugar
~ 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
~ 1 teaspoon baking powder
~ 1 teaspoon salt
~ 1 1/2 cups water
~ 1/2 cup vegetable oil
~ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares. If you want them more crunchy and less gooey cook them for longer.
Dry ingredients ready to be mixed
Mixed ready to go in the tray and into the oven
The finished product
- Add in a cup of frozen raspberries for a fruity change, you may or may not need some extra baking power to help offset the weight of the berries, it is a bit of trial and error with this one
- Add in 2 teaspoons of peppermint escence for a mint chocolate brownie